Get FREE Estimates On Your Project
The Top Reasons For Roof Repair
Editor In Chief, United Home Improvement
A roof is the most important part of a home's weather proofing. This
is why it is extremely important to identify the causes of damage
and needed repair work, before your leaky roof causes incalculable
harm. The more you understand about your roof, the easier it will be
to find a contractor to make necessary repairs. Unfortunately, the
roof isn't the easiest area to inspect. To avoid injury, it is often
best to hire a roofer to make an accurate diagnosis.
Most common reasons for roof repair include:
• Improper or Lack of Maintenance. Without the proper maintenance, a
small problem can and will turn into a big problem. Following simply
maintenance tips can increase the life of your roof.
• Mother Nature. Ultraviolet rays, fast winds, storms, rain, hail,
snow and falling trees may all contribute to a damaged roof.
• Improper Installation. Errors during installation generally do not
show their face until years afterwards, making it very difficult for
new homeowners to catch the culprit.
• Aged Materials. Roofing materials, like most other things, reach
the end of their life cycle. Typically, you will start to notice
curled and lifted shingles and broken tiles or shakes when a
material has reached its limited.
• Improper Design. Roofs with improper flashings or sheet metal, an
element installed to prevent water from escaping, are more
susceptible to leaks.